Friday, September 16, 2011

Parting is such sweet sorrow

This week the Triangle has said goodbye to three of its favorite UNC news sources. I wish to bid them adieu.

The Fayetteville Observer will dearly miss Dan Wiederer, who is moving on to cover the Minnesota Vikings. Dan was simply one of the best ACC writers in the area and deserved any praise he got and then some. I'm honored to have covered his final UNC game with him.

Briana Gorman did her thang with the Durham Herald-Sun for a good bit and is picking up to move to Australia. (She's been taking victory laps and left the gig a while ago.) A former DTHer, she was great to have in the Triangle for both revenue and non-rev sports and I hate to see her go.

@TarHeelWire shockingly left Twitter on Wednesday, leaving a void in so many Twitter hearts. For two years he was the best at sharing UNC-related info and adding smart commentary and insight. He ruffled some feathers sometimes, but it was usually for the greater good. Also, I will miss the weather reports.

Good luck to all three of you; I hope to see you down the road. Well, except you @TarHeelWire, because I still have no idea who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment